February 28, 2011

Wages and Stages

cred to bro for my new picture :-)

It's late on Sunday night (it's actually Monday morning) and rain is pounding pretty hard on the roof above me.  I just finished my FAFSA filing (deadline is in less than 24 hours-OOPS!) and did my taxes.  The amount of money I made (or didn't make :-p) in 2010 is depressingly small...

I had a busy weekend, but only Sunday was legitimately enjoyable.  On Friday evening and most of the day Saturday I was House Manager for a dance show at the college.  Working this event knocked out a good portion of my required lab hours for theatre stagecraft class.  I enjoyed working with the technical director/my teacher, but all in all it wasn't where I wanted to spend my weekend.  Hence my late evening, and cramming my entire weekend's activities and personal to-do into one day.

We had an awesome worship service at church this morning with Regi Stone, followed by an announcement from one of our pastors that he is moving on to minister at another church.  While I am happy he has been blessed with new and bigger responsibility, I was surprised and saddened by the announcement.  He is someone I have consistently gone to for prayer and exhortation, and I will miss the caring spirit he extended to me.

After church Boyfriend and I stuffed our faces with Chipotle (Thank you Niki, for introducing me to the burrito bowl. :-D)  Then we hit a mall, because I had a yearning to buy a new dress.  I got two; one casual and one business-formal.  Maybe I'll have some pictures soon.

Before we headed home, I enjoyed a nice glass of Riesling at Ruby Tuesday.  It's my favourite wine!  Then we watched the Oscars with my family.  I thought it was a good show, though the energy seemed low.  Anne Hathaway and James Franco were cute together, and I appreciated the Academy's attempt to reach out to younger audiences.  So many stellar-looking films were recognized this year, though I would have preferred Christopher Nolan and his "Inception" to have received more recognition. 

I feel kind of drained.  Later today is the start of a typical busy week, but trying to sleep so often brings more frustration than rest.  I'm tired of looking at the state of my living quarters, so I'm going to leave iTunes on shuffle and tidy up until I pass out.

<3

P.S. Yes, I know I complained about my income in the beginning of this post, and then proceeded to mention all the things I spent money on today. :-p

No comments: