February 21, 2011

Accomplishment Infinite

I swear there are non-Bat Boy related thoughts floating around my head, but I think you wouldn't know it to talk to me.  My personal thought time gets pushed to evenings when I'm home from a long day and can't concentrate on my homework, or the weekends when I want to accomplish personal tasks, but am so exhausted from the week I end up sleeping and day dreaming my Saturday away.  Sadly, I find myself zoning out over Facebook or reading blogs or doing my laundry, and that's about as far as I get.  I'm left choking on half-processed thoughts and looking at half-completed projects.  Even to blog, something I find so willingly cathartic, seems daunting.

Last week I had two tests I didn't study for.  I'm not sure the fact that one was take-home did anything to improve my grade.  The truth is, unless greatly motivated by a great cause or passion, I'm horrible at prioritizing and keeping commitments.  This from the girl young woman who has run a coffeehouse ministry, led clubs, organized a youth conference and overseen student theatre productions...

How can I take the passion and dedication I gave to the events I consider my greatest accomplishments and give them to every minute and every task of my life?  After all, shouldn't my entire life be my greatest accomplishment?

~"Oh, if life were made of moments, even now and then a bad one! But if life were only moments, then you'd never know you had one"~

2 comments:

Angela said...

Saw this and thought of you. http://www.wwnstore.com/items/gift-ideas/junior-bat-boy-plush-doll

Niki said...

For me it is about making choices; if there is something that i'm not giving time to, i ask myself if it matters enough to me anymore.
For the mundane things, i reward myself as an incentive; otherwise, the laundry would never get done.