March 31, 2009

quiet afternoon *cough cough*

I'm not usually home from school this early. I usually hang out, go to meetings, study, and wait around for Shannon to take me home. Today, however, I was supposed to have an appointment with my doctor in PA...but the beltway was so backed up so we knew were wouldn't get there in time, so we came home.

I'm sick with some sort of cold/congestion/crap thing (not what I was originally going to the doctor for)...my chest hurts terribly and I'm coughing, and it's a dry cough and it's really painful. But it's getting really bad so hopefully the worst is almost over. I'm drinking some tea with cayenne pepper in it...I can feel all the germs dying as it washes down my throat, lol.

I'm tired, but I really don't want to waste the lovely weather. I was thinking about laying outside for a bit and then taking a nap. I skipped math class this morning because I knew I'd be tired and behind anyway, so I'll try to motivate myself to do some homework problems and figure out where I should be on that..
Speaking of school work, I got two papers back in English class today, and they were both A's!! One of them was a re-write of a paper that was originally a C, and the other was the paper I wrote in one night! That's pretty much fantastic, if I do say so myself. :-D

Mk, well I hope you enjoyed your unexpected midweek dose of Debbie. Stay healthy, kiddos!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to go all the way to PA to see a doctor? I think you could find a really good one here. Need a suggestion?

Debbie said...

Sure, I'd be open to suggestions. The reason I see him (though being so far away sounds ridiculous, I know) is he practices kinesiolgy and homeopathy, and was recommended by friends when I was having some serious health problems last year. But recently I found out about the Catonsville Wellness Center, which has a several alternative medicine practitioners, and I'm hoping to find someone closer to home.