March 28, 2009

Because I can.

I don't own an Ipod (though I want to) or play music anywhere except through the CD player in my room...except lately I've been using Pandora.com a lot. It seems to read my mood quite accurately. My brain has been consuming much of the following:
  • Jack Johnson
  • The Goo Goo Dolls
  • James Taylor
  • The Beatles
  • KT Tunstall
  • Matt Nathansan
  • Matt Kearney
I won't bother to analyze right now what they all have in common...except they sing mostly about love, loss, growth, longing and hoping...all feelings I am keenly currently experiencing. I'm still torn up over "Everything" every time it comes on, even if it is cheesy. I was also reminded the other day why "Iris" (by the Goo Goo Dolls) has long been one of my favourite songs.

This past week was incredibly crazy for me! Barnstormers hosted a coffeehouse on Tuesday, which meant I had shopping, organizing, rehearsing, and stressing to do. The event itself did not go as I hoped it would; the theatre presence at school is just...not at all there. But we learned about what kind of crowd we're hosting to and what we need to change.
Besides that, I had two papers due, and three evenings of rehearsal, and work to make-up in math to try to bring up my midterm grade. On Monday I performed a monologue for acting class, and that was most definitely a highlight of the week. The feedback I got on that from Carl and my classmates was extremely encouraging and flattering. :) (I performed the monologue again, unplanned, at the coffeehouse to a surprisingly receptive audience.)
Wednesday night I didn't go to bed because I had a paper due the next morning, and had gone out with friends after rehearsal. So when I got home, I wrote a paper comparing Christianity and Islam from midnight to 5am, slept for an hour, went to class, worked on it for another hour, and turned it in at 11am. That afternoon I ushered for and watched a two-and-hour-half play, and that evening I got my second wind and went to bed around 10pm. Friday I had off work and school...oh bliss. :)

I realized I'm incredibly distracted and busy and could probably be less so if I decided to be. I'm choosing to be as such because I feel like there are so many things I haven't experienced and done when I should have, and now is my time to do them. I feel like I'm testing my limits and capabilites basically. I'm only young once, and I love the feeling of living, even when it exhausts me. Even more so, actually.

But on that note, I do realize the importance of healthy priorities such as rest and good grades. I'm determined this weekend to concentrate on the things I've been neglecting, which would include my family, myself, and studying.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's right, enjoy it now and get it in while you can. I LOVE my life but do sometimes miss some of the experiences and opportunities I had before marriage/kids. Love you, see you in the am! :) xoxo