June 1, 2012

Nothing Days Suddenly Seem Worthwhile

The following scenario has been a highlight of my life for the past week, and will be so for another couple weeks:

I take the Light Rail to Penn Station and walk upstairs into the bright and big concourse.  Sometimes I see a man in a suit getting his shoes shined in one of those really old-looking and fancy chairs.  I walk outside where there is a line of waiting taxis in the bright sunshine.  The man at the taxi kiosk now knows my face and we say hello as I pass.

I walk up busy N. Charles St and go to the Station North Arts Cafe.  It's the friendliest, yummiest, coziest cafe I've ever been to.  I like to come for the smiles and leave with an iced coffee.

I end my little commute at the Everyman Theatre.  When I go in I'll spend a few (or many) hours assisting the box office staff.  Everyone at Everyman is friendly and encouraging, and I'm hoping to make connections that will be in my life even after all the over hire work is complete.

When my shift is over the best part of the day arrives because Hubs-To-Be works a few blocks away!  We meet up and leave downtown behind us (or stay around and have dinner, whichever we fancy :-)).

1 comment:

Niki said...

Love the pace of city life.