June 25, 2012

No More Stalling

Tonight I will be attending a weekly gathering at my church that is a support group of sorts for spiritual and emotional struggles. A member of my family has been participating in and benefiting from this ministry for a long time. Even after realizing that I am nursing some deep struggles that I am confused about, I was in denial that I should visit and be open to possibilities and healing.

But tonight I take that step, even though I am embarrassed and nervous and unsure. It's even slightly embarrassing to be blogging about this, but I need more accountability in my life (another reason I decided to go).

Has anyone reading this ever done something you were nervous or embarrassed to do, and then experienced positive things from it?

2 comments:

Evan Becky said...

One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was to tell my college roomate, who was my best friend in high school, that I wanted to get a room by myself. I talked to one of the Student Life Deans and my Student Life Assistant about it before hand. It was hard, and a little weird for a while, but I think it worked out in the end and we're still best friends. Best wishes, I know everything will turn out great for you!

Niki said...

I am outgoing once you know me, but very shy in groups that i don't know.
Walking into the first rehearsal where you and i met was beyond terrifying for me since i had never acted before.
I hope this went well for you.