June 2, 2014

Unauthored.

"Find your theme."

"Find your brand."

"Don't confuse your readers - pick a message and stick with it."

A quick Google or Pinterest search for blogging prompts offers these suggestions and I find them all discouraging. I miss writing for the sake of writing - when writing was a personal emotional release.

I hadn't thought about it for a long time, but over lunch last week I told a friend that I used to write short stories, poems, and essays constantly from early childhood through adolescence. She said, "aaw, do you want to pick it back up?"  And I felt sad inside as I said, "I'm not sure I would know how."

I don't know what to say - but I always feel like there is something to be said. How did I get so locked up inside?

Part of me wants to dive back into the digital pages of this familiar friend, my blog of [a sporadic] six-ish years, and part of me wants to start all over with a blank title and draft list.

I have unauthored, aching thoughts yet I have nothing of note to say.

~DB

1 comment:

Niki said...

1. ignore all "blog writing advice" from the "professionals" on the internet
2. be yourself
3. start with a few well turned phrases, like the last sentence of this post