August 14, 2011

Some News On The Shows of The_Moment

Lines are due this week for all the pieces in the play festival "@The_Moment: #5shortplaysonlifein2011". My lines in the cell phone piece, Con-Text, are down pretty well, I think, but the other piece, 140 Characters, worries me. I want to surprise anyone who's coming to see the show so I won't be saying too much, but 140 script is about Twitter and it's very unconventional!

The rehearsal process have been productive. Within two rehearsals for each piece I could strongly feel the vision that each director has. I feel a strong connection to our project, and enjoy the various reactions I get when I say "I'm playing a cell phone!" haha

On a personal level, rehearsals are a bit frustrating. Most of the other people in the company have worked together and have very close relationships. We have married couples, roommates, siblings, co-workers, and best friends all intertwined in some manner in the group. I feel distinctly like an outsider; though I try every week to be as fearless and friendly as possible. It's healthy to be an outsider once in awhile, I suppose. I don't need to be held back by preconceived ideas the others in the group may have about my abilities, and it will make me more empathetic for other situations in life.

No comments: