September 16, 2009

Slacking, Thinking, Hello, Goodbye.

I don't blog well when I'm unhappy, hence the lack of posts last week. However, I am up, running, and smiling again!

This was a long week, filled with thoughts and friends and [school]work. Twas good all in all. :) I'm a bit behind on homework, so I hope to rest this evening and tomorrow, and catch up on reading and note-taking. I've passed my first two quizzes, and am enjoying most of my classes. In computer class, the awesome professor had emergency surgery and I'm feeling iffy about our substitute. Yoga class is doing my mind and body a lot of good. Math is just..going to take work. Voice is going very well. :) In Psychology, my professor has views that conflict with my personal beliefs, but she is none the less a great teacher and the material is fascinating.

I need to work more. Or at least pack lunch for school instead of always buying it.

On Sunday I'm heading up to PA for a going-away party...a life-long friend is heading to boot camp. :-/

If I could sum up what has been bothering me lately, I would say the transientness of life is something I highly dislike and often stubbornly refuse to accept. If I feel safe and content, I get my heart set on what is, to the point that I forget about what could come or be. Does anyone else feel that way?

"Life is made up of meetings and partings. People come into your life every day, you say good morning, you say good evening, some stay for a few minutes, some stay for a few months, some a year, others a whole lifetime. No matter who it is, you meet then you part. I’m so glad I met you...”

I have also always loved these lyrics:

"thoughts they change and times they rearrange I don't know who you are anymore
loves come and go and this I know I'm not who you recall anymore
but I must confess you're so much more then I remember
can't help but entertain these thoughts
thoughts of us together"

I'm done being contemplative. I wish you a wonderful weekend!

P.S. I just started listening to Sleeping At Last and am entranced. Check out "Porcelain." I read the lyrics after I posted this entry and found them slightly ironic.

2 comments:

The Style Mansion said...

Hi Debbie,
Hope your not feeling unhappy anymore. Life is designed to be transient, but with each transition you have the opportunity to learn and grow. God is a the only permanent, unchanging source of love in our lives. He never leaves us nor forsakes us. Don't worry about your psychology classes. I studed philosophy as part of my degree, and there were many arguments which conflicted with my beliefs. One of my teachers even said that it would make make me question my faith. However, it really didn't, my faith became stronger. The truth really does set you free.
Hope you are getting on top of your maths class! Everything will be ok.

The Style Mansion said...

Your'e welcome. Looking forward to your next post!