February 11, 2009

Thoughts and Games

Keeping up this blog, plus a personal journal, plus journals for three of my classes, plus homework is going to be challenge! So I'm sorry if the frequency of my posts slows throughout the next few months. (I know, I know, you're all so disappointed!)

Speaking of homework, I haven't done much of that yet. Being back in school still feels like a novelty and I'm still wrapped up in the theatre production and not in the swing of things yet. My first English paper is due in two weeks. I took a short quiz in math last week and I aced it; I'm hoping to do the same tomorrow. We have two-question quizzes every Thursday to reinforce the material and help pad our grade. I'm all for that! Myself and two classmates performed a short acting assignment in class today, which we got really positive feedback for. I'm amazed at and enjoying the creativity and camaraderie we have in our class.

"I Hate Hamlet" auditions are tomorrow and I'm all ready to help Anderson (the director) with those. All our promoting seems to be paying off; we've gotten phone calls back from our posted flyers, and had several one-on-one conversations with interested people.

In small group with Pastor we're finishing up our study on the book of Revelation. God and His plan for the future blow my mind away! The things in that book are both amazing and terrifying. I'm a little over halfway through the Gospel of John, and haven't been able to read as often as I wanted to. The thought that constantly strikes me is that I wish I could audibly hear
how Jesus said some of those things. I wonder about His tone; His mannerisms; the dynamics of the situation in which he spoke. I suppose we could just guess based on His character and what He was saying, and the rest isn't important. However He did it was perfection, and there's no way we can comprehend that right now. Ryan posed an interesting question the other day- Did Jesus and His disciples laugh? Did they play practical jokes on one another, and just pal around the way we do with our best friends?

Speaking of paling around, I had some great opportunities for fun lately! On Saturday I went on the youth group snow tubing trip. It was so much fun spending a few hours simply sliding down an icy hill, screaming and laughing! On Monday night was Alyssa's birthday party at Pump It Up which Jenn had invited Shannon and I to. I had a great time "chaperoning", which was simply an excuse to bounce around, laugh, and play with little ones. All the little guests were so cute and fun to play with! Jenn, I bet you got some great pictures; can't wait to see them!

Enjoy the rest of your week! <3

2 comments:

FALSE said...

Everyone keeps telling me what fun they and their kids had. It was an amazing time, I just wish Alyssa had been feeling better.

I haven't even looked at the pictures yet, they still lay in my memory card, which is so unlike me... busy!

Thanks so much again for coming!

Debbie said...

Yeah, she seemed a bit out of it! :( At least she has lots of pictures and presents!