February 18, 2009

Thespian Government

I won the election for Barnstormers Theatre Club President!!!! I am so excited, and have a lot of ambition for the club. I am also very excited about my officers- Anderson, my dear friend and director of the play, is VP; Emily, who takes amazing notes and knows lots of helpful people, is secretary; and Anton, who is brand new to all of us but amazing just the same, is treasurer.

As result of being elected President I had to attend my first Student Government Association meeting this afternoon. Anton came with me, which was very comforting since I have limited exposure to the SGA and he has none. :p The SGA takes itself very seriously, and the meeting is run in an orderly and professional fashion. Order is reassuring and being a part of campus activities is exciting, so I liked it.

The auditions for "I Hate Hamlet" are over, and this evening I had the pleasure of calling four people to tell them they were cast. We're still looking to fill two roles, one male and one female. We have a good prospect of filling them by the end of this week.

I'm tired, but it's still early and I really need organize my notes for the club and work on a paper for English class. It's a personal exploration paper...it's an uncanny time for me to have to work on such a thing :-/ but hopefully it'll be a successful process.

Have a good evening. <3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulation, Ms President! Hope you enjoy your term. Keep us up to date. I enjoy your blogging! :-)

Debbie said...

Thank you, Sara! It's actually "Madame President"...haha, I get called that at school, and it's so fun. ;)