January 12, 2009

Working at this thing called life.

*Summons attention span long enough to blog*

The play I'm working on is barely a week into its production stage and we already have major logistic issues! This evening my mom asked me if I was still glad I gave up the other show to do this, and I said yes, I was. Anderson is a pleasure to work with despite the stress, and I know I'm going to learn a lot. Tomorrow I'm borrowing a copy of the script (because copies for everyone in the crew are not available yet, just one of our many problems) and getting my first read-through of that.

On Thursday I went to the mall and that's always fun. :) I had a gift card to spend at Macy's, so I finally got some of these popular things called "skinny jeans." I was happily surprised at my appearance in them! Though of course, I had to get them hemmed, yay shortness! :p Saturday I was at the mall again, this time because Ryan and I wanted to go to the movies. We saw "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey, and shouldn't have spent the money, in my opinion. I also went to Best Buy, also with a gift card, where I got albums by Michael Buble and Coldplay. The Coldplay album was their latest, in addition to a second disc with 8 unreleased songs on it. The Michael Buble CD came with a concert DVD in it, and it's sooooo good! *ah* I love him! :-D

Yesterday myself, Dad, and Ryan went down to Annapolis for the Prayer Day that AMF was sponsoring. Our group had been granted permission to meet in one of the Senate lounge rooms in the State House to hold the event. I find it so awe-inspiring being down in the Capital, surrounded by all those wonderful buildings and rich history. It seemed to be good time for Ryan, to meet some of the people I work with and get a better idea of what my non-profit work is all about. This is a picture of some of my City on the Hill friends and staff who were there. (*Oooh, it is great how the text wraps around the picture! haha. I'm so easily pleased sometimes. :p)

I don't want to get too personal on this blog, but I do want to say I am really happy the past few days, specifically concerning my relationship with Ryan. I haven't been quite this happy and at peace in awhile, but I was too afraid to deal with it. Despite being together for four years, we're finding we have some really major things to work on and grow out of, both individually and as a couple. It takes guts and dedication to be willing to work on those things. I won't settle for anything less than being truly happy (in terms of a relationship), because that is what I deserve. But sticking up for yourself and being truly honest means taking risks, and possibly hurting someone else. I found that after praying about what course of action to take and what words to say, it was truly rewarding. I don't know where our future together is heading, but I will know that no matter what happens I gave it a honest shot. I guess I'm saying all of this for a couple reasons. One, to be vulnerable about the fact that my life is not perfect, and two, to inspire anyone who needs to hear it to have the faith and courage to do or say something that maybe you've been avoiding. You owe it to yourself, because as my dearest girlfriend says, Life is too short!

No comments: