January 8, 2009

Parties and Plans

Since the beginning of the year I've been completely overwhelmed by uncertainty and questions and worry and growth. First I had to work on getting things right in my heart and with myself and God, and now I can see clearly enough to get things right with certain relationships in my life. It's a painful challenge, but not being true to my own happiness is even more painful. With finally getting some things off my chest to the appropriate parties I feel ready to come out of my hole and say Hi to you all... (:

New Years Eve was spent celebrating with friends, playing games, and drinking the obligatory glass of champagne (not hard since I love it! :). Frank and Michele hosted a party at their place and invited all the 20-somethings in our church plus a few extra friends. We played "Dictionary" (our form of "Balderdash) and Apples to Apples, watched "Elf" and the NY ball drop, and just enjoyed company of some people we don't often see. Josh Walker was visiting from Georgia, and Eric and Shane of old stopped by, and it was a definitely a good time had by all!

On Monday I was back at school for a few hours for a play production meeting. The crew of "I Hate Hamlet" met to dole out responsibility and talk about ideas. I am so excited to be stage manager! I am going to learn a lot and get frustrated and have fun and love every minute of it! While walking around campus I felt like I'd hardly been gone a day, and got excited at the thought of my classes and experiences to come next semester. After the meeting I hung out with Anderson (the play director) and John, and they even walked me to my house cleaning job and moved couches for me so I could clean the floor. Oh, the advantages of being little and cute! ;)

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to a shopping trip with Ryan (and I'm treating him to lunch) and then going with my favorite girl to Katie's Arbonne party. I'm glad winter break isn't over yet!

1 comment:

FALSE said...

I miss Josh Walker, next time you see him tell him I said hi! (I used to work with him)