January 26, 2009

End of Break

Sorry guys, I don't usually go this long without a post.

One week from today I'll be back in school, and I really couldn't be happier about it. I'm taking an acting class, a remedial math, holistic health, and english comp (my second honors class). I also hope to be accepted into the Honors program very soon! This week I'm going to review a little bit of last semester's math work. I don't have good memory retention when it comes to that subject, and I had to fight for a C last semester.

Last week week's major events:
CITY staff meeting (it was so good to see [almost] everyone!)
Trip to the CCBC Essex campus with Anderson and John. Our initial purpose for going was not fulfilled, but fun was still had by all concerned!
Babysat Aaron and Belle. Cleaning up baby powder, cuddling a sobbing four-year-old, and watching "The Incredibles," and earning money. Not a bad evening.
Snuck in some extra time with Ryan before his classes started. We watched the innaguration, and I went with him to his guitar lesson.
Haircut! I miss my long hair, but this current style is mature and easy to care for, and has garnered some nice compliments.

A little update about the play I'm working on: We finally have a stage secured and have picked the dates for the show! Despite the drama and the many setbacks we have suffered, this gives me a feeling of hope that the show really will go on!

This week I'm trying to get to bed earlier than I have been as of late to get my body prepared for next week. An 8AM class means I'm going to have to cease being such a night owl! :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy the classes you are taking this semester. Word of advice: if you can find a study group for your math class, get into one. It can be so very helpful! Also, don't be afraid to go to your professor for instruction & help. Teaching is their job & they are there to help. Hope you have fun over the next semester!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the advice! I know professors are supposed to help...but the one I had last semester made it pretty clear he didn't have time for anything except a quick question. :-/ He encouraged us to get tutoring, which I did. I'm hoping I can get the same tutor this semester! (It's free in our library! :)