January 4, 2014

Where The New Year Has Found Me

For the first time since I'm-not-sure-when, I have not made any new year's resolutions or changes.  Maybe because 2013 was a year of so much change in my life (husband, house, work, etc.) I'm not really identifying with the "new year, new you" thing that usually launches late December and fizzles throughout January.

Kudos to those of you who are finding and striving towards a "new you"!  Nothing wrong at all with that.  It's nice to have a built-in motivator for our lives at least once a year.  But in my personal journey at the moment, I am being found with exactly the kind of contentment I always hoped for.

Life as a wife in the past 11 months and some odd days has taught me that for both the sake of yourself and your partner changes, goals, and growth have to be encountered daily.  From tasks some times mundane to other times exciting, building a [healthy] home together requires a lot of work.  I can't stop to think about that work only once a year just because the fanfare tells me I should.

For the bloggy friends who don't follow us on other platforms, here is our Christmas 2013 picture.  I wish you happiness and the best YOU you can be in 2014!


















~DB

No comments: