March 21, 2012

Finalist!

(This is Part Two of Tassles and Titles)

I'm a finalist for President's Distinguished Graduate!  I have an interview on Friday.  I'm not sure who exactly will be interviewing me or what I will be asked, but I'm excited nonetheless to have made it this far.

I wrote an essay with my application, trying to encapsulate my CCBC experience.  That wasn't completely possible, but I did have this to say:


I found that to succeed in college would take open mindedness and courage to discover a stronger and more accomplished version of me.  It would take saying "yes" to every test, paper, and challenge that came my way.  It wasn’t always easy to say yes.  Throughout the course of my studies, I battled health challenges that most severely manifested themselves in a painful and sometimes debilitating skin condition.  Nevertheless, I kept learning to say “yes”, even when I did not want to get out of bed, when I was embarrassed to walk down the campus hallways, and when I wanted to take a semester off.
 I am now in the last semester before my diploma as a long-term member of Honors at CCBC, President of the Alpha Rho Psi chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, a two-time achiever of the Dean’s List, and an employee of the college as a staff member in the Catonsville campus theatre department.   I usually can’t walk through a building on campus on any day without seeing a familiar face that I’ve learned from or worked with.  I said “yes” to CCBC and haven’t regretted a moment of it.

1 comment:

Niki said...

Nice.
Good luck on your interview.