October 4, 2011

Lit By Surprise Pink

Guys.  [and Gals.]  So much theatre, so little blogging. :-( :-p

I didn't recap "@The_Moment" for you...but I will.  Pictures coming for that one.

Right after "Moment", I auditioned for my school's fall show, and didn't get in.  It hurt, but then I found purpose in it; a lot more than I could have bargained for, actually. Maybe I'll talk about that later, too.

Then, I participated in a very unconventional theatrical event called "Eurasia Experience".  It was the simplest and yet most challenging acting job I've had to date.

Tonight, I'm auditioning for "The Splendor of Christmas", the yearly production put on by a local church (my church, actually).  This place packs shows with audiences bigger than my school's theatre, so I'm pretty excited!

Auditioning for the Christmas show is about more than acting opportunities, though.  It's about combining the love of many things.  The "purpose" I referred to above?  I've been disconnected from a stable spiritual community for awhile now, and I realized that it's time to take active steps to being in and contributing to one.

I found this picture and made it my desktop.  I need to remember that I've never been afraid to walk down new paths.

cred: N.B., Gettysburg trip

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like great things on the horizon! Break a leg tonight! :)

Never Too Busy said...

Good post. Great message. Awesome picture.

Niki said...

Besides, your spiritual jouney needs to run through every other your journey of your life. :-)

Jas said...

I hope you rocked out with your #uknowwhatlol out at your audition. I just want you to know that.