April 20, 2011

Currently Loving Everything

I secretly get annoyed with bloggers who don't update their blogs for weeks at a time, return to apologize and lament about not updating, and then repeat this process three or four more times as their blog dies an obvious and drawn-out death.  Or they may claim to be "taking time for themselves" and promise to return to blogging.  As I said to Boyfriend and fellow-blogger the other day, "Hiatus is a slow and painful death."  So I won't be doing any of that nonsense.  I think you should update as much or as little as you wish and not apologize for it, because it's your blog! :-) I've been writing on here significantly less, but it's mainly because I was brain dead from the show and busy and happy with my offline life, and I don't need to apologize for any of that. However, I still love blogging, love reading blogs, and appreciate my friends from real life and my interwebs community that read my little old blog.  You rock. :-)

photo cred
I'm currently on spring break and enjoying every second!  I'm spending it at home, but I've had plenty of travel and busyness the last few months to be perfectly content with my own stomping grounds. I got my hair and nails professionally done, so I'm looking extra fabulous.  I saw West Side Story and it was every bit as wonderful as I hoped it would be.  Already been to the mall several times and bought a few new items to spice up my wardrobe.  Gone out for meals and mall-trolling with various friends, and had dinner and drinks with Boyfriend.  Sleeping as much as I want, sitting around in comfy clothes, and generally being lazy without feeling guilty about it.  There are lots more things to come, and Easter to celebrate!

I've taken pause several times to thank God for how healthy and happy I am these days.  Contrasting this years' spring with the last one is humbling and makes me incredibly grateful.  If you've been along for the journey longer than a year or so, you know how grateful I am to be enjoying sleep and food and a pain-free body.  How grateful I am to be enjoying lovely clothes and being pretty close to no longer hiding my skin from the world.  I'm honestly about to tear up just typing this because I am so grateful.  I hope to never take the things I am finally enjoying for granted ever again, and to always carry the strength, faith, and perspective the last several months has given me.

No comments: