August 2, 2013

Cathedral Gazing

Credit: Me. 5/13

I simply love walking by this church whenever I'm commuting in downtown Baltimore.  This is Corpus Christi on Mt Royal Avenue (Bolton Hill neighborhood, for the detailed-oriented among you).  When I happen to catch its bell toll, it's like an extra special morning welcome.  I've had the pleasure of being inside the church twice (briefly for performances as part of Artscape).  I'm not Catholic, but their taste in architecture has an undeniable ability to inspire reverence (in my humble opinion).

Today there was a lift outside the church for window washing.  I stopped to watch for a moment, thinking that on this slightly warm and cloudless summer morning, I would love to trade jobs with that window washer.  For a few moments to be a part of caring and preserving for something sacred; for a place that is art unto itself.

Maybe I'm just a romantic, but it was a nice daydream to start my day off with.

1 comment:

Nathan B said...

That church is pretty awesome. The only reason I know the time sometimes is because of it's clock tower ringing.